- The promoter is Kingmill Pty Ltd trading as Thrifty Car Rental (Thrifty) ABN 58 003 966 649 of Level 1, 52-60 Kent Road, Mascot NSW 2020 (Promoter).
- Entry is open to Australian residents, who are aged 21 years and over and who have signed up to Facebook or Instagram.
- The promotion opens at 12.00pm AEDST Monday 18 August 2019 and closes at 11:59pm AEDST Sunday 30 September 2019 (Promotional Period).
How to Enter
- To enter this Promotion you must during the Promotional Period:
- Visit the Thrifty Australia Facebook Page via https://www.facebook.com/ThriftyAustralia; (or the Facebook Application) or the Thrifty Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/thriftyaustralia (or the Instagram Application)
- Upload a creative photo with the Thrifty Big Ted at our key locations (Sydney Airport, Brisbane Airport, Melbourne Airport, Adelaide Airport, Cairns Airport, Perth Airport, Canberra Airport, Alexandria, Dandenong) (“the Entry”); and
- Use the hashtag #ThriftyTeddy
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part. Multiple entries are permitted but each entry must be original and cannot be the same or similar to another Entry submitted as part of an admission.
- All entries, once submitted, become the property of the Promoter.
- Employees of the Promoter and their Related Bodies Corporate (as this term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and such Employee’s immediate family members, and employees of any agencies associated with the Promotion are not eligible to enter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is invalid, incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible or any entrant who tampers with the entry process or uses any automated software or any other mechanical means to submit repeated entries.
- By submitting their entry, the entrant warrants that their submission does not breach the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- The entrant indemnifies and will keep indemnified the Promoter and its Related Bodies Corporate against any loss, costs, expenses or liability that the Promoter or its Related Bodies Corporate may suffer as a result of the entrant’s breach of clause 10.
Judging and Prizes
- The Promoter will review and judge all entries based on literary and creative merit (being the originality, humour and style) of each Entry with the best and most creative entry as judged by the Promoter, in its sole discretion, being deemed the winning entry.
- The winner will receive a Thrifty Giveaway which consists of a Thrifty Big Ted and x1 day Thrifty car rental of a MCAR to UWAR category vehicle from Thrifty Corporate airport or city locations at Sydney, Adelaide, Perth, Cairns, Brisbane or Melbourne (both items together, the Giveaway Prize).
- The car rental of the Giveaway Prize must be redeemed by 30 September 2020, no variations to this date are permitted.
- The location nominated by the winner for the Thrifty car rental will be subject to availability. The car rental must commence and conclude at the same location and the winner will be subject to Thrifty’s standard terms and conditions – for details of the terms and conditions please refer https://www.thrifty.com.au/terms
- Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, the winner and their nominated companion are responsible for all other ancillary costs and expenses incurred in redeeming the Giveaway Prize, including fuel costs, damage waiver protection and optional extras.
- The total prize value is up to $550.00 with individual components valued as follows:
- Big Teddy: $400
- Car Rental: $150
- Prize values are correct at the time of printing and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any subsequent variation in prize values. All prize values are inclusive GST unless otherwise stated.
- In receiving their Giveaway Prize, the winner agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities (Editorial Activities) relating to the Promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winner agrees to grant the Promoter a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide licence to use any film, tape, or recordings taken of the winner as part of the Editorial Activities, for the purposes of advertising, promotional, marketing publicity purposes and/or other information as determined from time to time anywhere in Australia or elsewhere.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoters reserve the right to substitute the prize (or part of the prize) with a prize of equal value or specification. No responsibility or liability is accepted for any variation in the prize value. All prize values are in Australian dollars.
- The Giveaway Prize (or the components of that prize) is not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion, special discount, or similar.
- The Promoter will notify the winner by commenting on that winner’s Entry on Tuesday 1 October 2019. And will send a private message to the winner notifying them of their prize. The winner will have 1 day from that date in which to contact the Promoter by private message to claim their prize. If the winner does not claim the Giveaway Prize within 1 day they will unfortunately be disqualified and their prize forfeited. A new winner will then be selected by the Promoter in accordance with the judging criteria set out in clause 12 and that winner will be notified in the same manner set out in this clause 22.
- If for any reason the winner does not take their prize (or an element thereof) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, or chooses not to participate in the Promotion, then that prize (or element thereof) will be forfeited.
Consent to Use
- By participating in this Promotion the entrant consents to the Promoter using the entrant’s entry (the “Material”) for the purposes of advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity purposes and/or information as determined from time to time anywhere in Australia or elsewhere. The use of the Material may include (but is not limited to) publication, editing, display reproduction and distribution.
- The entrant willingly participates in the Promotion on the understanding that the Material could be shared with other agencies working in conjunction with the Promoter in the development of current and future marketing communications, promotional and/or information as determined from time to time, and that the Material becomes the property of the Promoter, which may use it without any further reference to the entrant.
Personal Information and Privacy
- You can contact the Promoter’s Privacy Officer if you would like details of the personal information that the Promoter may hold about you or if you would like it to be corrected. Our Privacy Officer's contact details are:
Privacy Officer Level 1, 52-60 Kent Road Mascot NSW 2020
or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use your personal information (such as name, age, membership number and image, mobile phone number, email address) and any other information provided to the Promoter pursuant to this Promotion without remuneration or compensation to you for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages which may constitute "commercial electronic messages" for the purposes of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth), or telephoning you and promoting Thrifty, its business and related companies. Should you wish to withdraw your consent to the receipt of such communications, you may do so at any time by notifying us, by email at the address email@example.com.
Facebook & Instagram
- To the extent permitted by law, Facebook & Instagram will not be liable for any loss, personal injury or damage whatsoever (including direct or consequential loss), whether as a result of participation in this Promotion, the Promoter’s negligence or otherwise.
- The Promoter acknowledges that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
Limitation of Liability
- The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as part of the Promotion. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or its employees or agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winner. This clause does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its employees or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.
- The Promoter may: a) modify or suspend the Promotion if all entrants participating in the competition until that point are notified of the changes to these Terms and Conditions, upon notification of any such changes, the affected entrants may terminate their participation in the competition without any liability to the entrant; or b) terminate or cancel the Promotion.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any modification, suspension, termination or cancellation.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.