As an exclusive partner of Australia's leading Auto Clubs, we have access to a network of best in class roadside assistance.
All Thrifty vehicles are covered with national roadside assistance. Any roadside assistance call outs due to vehicle malfunction are covered by Thrifty. Where the callout is due to driver negligence or error, the costs associated with the incident will be on charged to the renter.
Thrifty also offers Recovery Plus Protection to cover customers for roadside callouts for at-fault incidents. Where Recovery Plus Protection is available and has been purchased you won't be out of pocket in case of any mishaps on your travels including:
• The keys to the vehicle have been lost (including the replacement cost of any keys and/ or entry devices for the vehicle).
• The keys are locked in the vehicle;
• Towing from a remote or sparsely populated area;
• Towing because of something that you or an Authorised Additional Driver have done or caused to be done to the vehicle that requires the vehicle to be towed;
• The vehicle's battery is flat (and not due to mechanical fault);
• The vehicle has run out of fuel;
• A tyre on the vehicle requires changing or repair (and not due to mechanical fault or fair wear and tear);
You can add Recovery Plus Protection to your online booking if it is available at your selected booking destination.
Been involved in an accident?
If you are involved in an accident, you should do the following:
• Call the Thrifty Roadside Assistance number 1800 811 506, if necessary; and immediately contact the police in case of third party liability and the emergency services in the event anyone is injured.
• Do not leave the vehicle without making sure it is safe.
• Write down names and addresses of all people involved and any witnesses. Never admit liability.
• All vehicle repairs must be conducted with the formal approval of your nearest Thrifty location upon notifying them regarding the accident.
For more information about roadside assistance, please refer to the Damage and Protection section of our FAQs.