Important Competition Announcement
Regrettably orders made on 21 March 2020, being the Public Health (COVID-19 Gatherings) Order 2020 prevent us running our Win a Holiday to Treasure Island at this time. We will look to reactivate this competition once the crisis ends. Entries received prior to 21 March 2020 will remain in the draw when the competition is reactivated.
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.
We're giving one lucky Thrifty customer the chance to enjoy a family holiday on the Gold Coast.
This great prize includes:
- 4 return economy airfares from any Australian state or territory capital
- 5 nights' cabin accommodation at NRMA Holiday Park Treasure Island on the Gold Coast
- 5 days Thrifty car rental (Mitsubishi ASX or similar)
- 4 x 3 day passes to select Gold Coast Theme parks
Who is eligible for entry?
All NRMA members who book and complete a rental with Thrifty using their NRMA Membership number from 1 February 2020 to 30 April 2020 are automatically in the draw.
Thrifty customers who rent a passenger vehicle with Thrifty for 5 days or more during this period receive a 12 month subscription to NRMA Blue included with their rental. Qualifying criteria applies.*
Like to enter but not an NRMA Member?
Today NRMA is much more than roadside assistance. Customers can join NRMA Blue, an Australia-wide Member benefits program from our parent company NRMA. NRMA Blue is designed to help you save on a range of everyday things such as fuel, Thrifty rentals, insurance, dining, entertainment, accommodation and more. Normally $60 per year, save even more for a limited time with our 50% discount offer for new members.
Better still join and book with Thrifty during the competition period and you automatically go in the draw to win this great prize.JOIN NOW
To qualify for a free 12 month subscription for NRMA Blue you must rent a Thrifty passenger vehicle for 5 days or more between 1 February to 30 April 2020.
Existing NRMA Members, corporate account holders, 3rd party or wholesale bookings, other auto club members or overseas visitors do not qualify for free NRMA Blue Membership.
Thrifty is 100% owned and operated by NRMA.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter the Win a family holiday to Treasure Island on the Gold Coast competition (Promotion) and prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. The promoter is Kingmill Pty Ltd t/a Thrifty Car and Truck Rental ABN 58 003 966 649 of 52 – 60 Kent Road Mascot 2020 (Promoter).
4. The Promotion commences at 12:00am, 1 February 2020 and closes at 11:59pm, 30 April 2020 (Promotional Period).
5. Entry is open to: Australian residents aged 21 years or over with a current valid full Drivers Licence who have completed a passenger vehicle rental with Thrifty and are NRMA members.
6. Entry into the competition is automatic for all customers whose NRMA membership number is recorded on their Thrifty rental agreement (passenger vehicles only), and rent from a participating location.
Participating locations are as follows: Adelaide Airport, Adelaide City, Artarmon, Brisbane Airport, Brisbane City, Ballina Airport, Brookvale, Bundaberg, Bundaberg Airport, Cairns Airport, Cairns City, Canberra Airport, Canberra City, Domain – Sydney, Emerald Airport, Gladstone Airport, Hervey Bay, Hervey Bay Airport, Hobart Airport, Hobart City, Hornsby, Launceston Airport, Launceston City, Melbourne Airport, Melbourne City, Perth Airport, Perth City, Port Douglas, Rockhampton Airport, Sydney Airport, Sydney –Darlinghurst, Williamtown Airport, Darwin Airport, Avalon Airport, Maroochydore Airport, Gold Coast Airport (Coolangatta).
7. Customers who have rented a Thrifty passenger vehicle for 5 days or more and meet the qualifying criteria* will have a free 12 month subscription to NRMA Blue included with their rental and will also receive automatic entry.
Customers who have rented via third party or wholesale, who book using a corporate account or are members of other auto clubs and use their auto club membership during booking are not eligible to receive complimentary NRMA Blue membership.
8. There will be one (1) component to this promotion: Major Prize Component (game of chance); and skill plays no part in the component. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with entrants. Only (1) entry is permitted per rental.
9. All entries, once submitted, become the property of the Promoter.
Major Prize Draw Component Valued at between $4000.00 and $6000.00 (dependent on rates at time of redemption)
10. This component of the promotion is also a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the major prize draw winner.
11. There will be one (1) random major prize draw conducted. The Major Prize Draw will take place at Accelerate Creative Strategies, Level 40, 100 Miller Street, North Sydney, 2060 NSW at 10:00am, 19 May 2020.
The first valid entry drawn from the total number of entries received, will win:
• Four (4) return economy airfares from any Australian state or territory capital to the Gold Coast
• Five (5) days’ accommodation at the NRMA Holiday Park Treasure Island (Gold Coast) 5 x days accommodation in a cabin for 2 adults and 2 children.*
* Accommodation is subject to availability and excludes peak periods including national school holidays, public holidays and blackout dates as determined by NRMA Holiday Parks. A valid credit card must be presented on arrival for incidentals This is mandatory. The Winner must be over 18 years of age. The accommodation must be fulfilled at the same time and cannot be split across different time periods. NRMA Holiday Park standard Terms and Conditions Apply
Four (4) (3 day) passes to a selection of Gold Coast Theme parks including; Wet’n’Wild, Movie World and Sea World
• Five-day Thrifty Car Hire - Mitsubishi ASX or similar. Ultimate Protection is included with the vehicle. Standard Thrifty Terms & Conditions apply to the rental. Please visit www.thrifty.com.au/terms
12. The winner will be notified by telephone and/or email within five (5) business days of the Major Prize Draw and their name published on the Thrifty Australia website (http://www.thrifty.com.au).
13. The prize is valid until 30 June 2021.
14. The prize can only be taken outside of national school and public holidays or any blackout (non booking periods) stipulated by the providers and is subject to availability.
Arranging your holiday
15. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least six weeks prior to your trip in order for bookings to be arranged.
16. Thrifty will where possible attempt to accommodate flying time requests however we reserve the right to select any suitable airline and flight time that represents the best priced return economy airfare from your state or territory capital to the Gold Coast. Airport, transfers are not included.
17. Theme Park passes will be posted by registered mail. Thrifty accepts no liability for loss of passes.
18. Thrifty will arrange your car rental booking. The vehicle will be a Mitsubishi ASX or similar. The nominated driver must have a full licence and be 25 years or over. Ultimate Protection is included within your booking. Please refer to www.thrifty.com.au/terms for rental details.
19. Should the initial Major Prize Draw winner not claim their prize within three months from the draw date, a redraw will be held on 20 August 2020.
20. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or part of the prize) with a prize of equal value or specification, subject to any written directions given by the appropriate State or Territory Lottery Departments. No responsibility or liability is accepted for any variation in the value of the prizes. The prize is valued in Australian dollars.
21. Total prize pool value for the Major Prize Draw Component is between $4000.00 and $6000.00 (depending on rates at the time).
22. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
23. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included and are at the responsibility of the winner.
24. If for any reason a winner does not redeem the prize or an element of the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
25. Prize, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
26. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its parent NRMA and agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
27. To protect the integrity of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right, at any time and its sole discretion, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence during and after the Promotion) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
Personal Information and Privacy
29. You can contact the Promoter’s Privacy Officer if you would like details of the personal information that the Promoter may hold about you or if you would like it to be corrected. Contact email@example.com
30. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
Limitation of Liability
31. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as part of the Promotion. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent by the Promoter or its employees or agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winner. This clause does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian Consumer law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its employees or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.
32. Subject to the approval of the relevant State and Territory Lottery Departments, the Promoter may:
(a) modify or suspend the Promotion if all entrants participating in the competition until that point are notified of the changes to these Terms and Conditions, upon notification of any such changes, the affected entrants may terminate their participating in the competition without any liability to the entrant; or
(b) terminate or cancel the Promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for any modification, suspension, termination or cancellation.
33. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
34. The Promoter has obtained the following permits in regard to the Promotion: NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/41137. ACT Permit No. TP 19/04960 and SA Permit No. T19/2198.