Thrifty Car Rental swims for gold
20 March 2012
Thrifty Car Rental has been awarded championship division winners at the NSW Corporate Games 2012.
The team beat fierce competition from companies such as Medibank and Railcorp to take out the top prize. In the events, the team of four, based at Thrifty's Sydney Head Office, won gold and silver medals in swimming.
Reservation Consultant Daniel Vraca and his brother Joe Vraca (based in Sales Support) are keen swimmers and used to compete at national level. Reservations Consultant Amanda Hogan also spent many years swimming for the State. HR Advisor Jia Lees-Smith completed the team.
Daniel said: "I won gold medal in the 50 metre breaststroke and Amanda and Joe also won silver medals in individual events. Then as a team we won silver in the medley event too. This was enough for us to be awarded divisional winners for the whole Games. It was great to get back into swimming after so long, I'd like to enter again."
Notes to editors:
- Full details of the NSW Corporate Games, including results, is available on the website: www.corporategames.net.au/nsw
- Kingmill Pty Ltd, trading as Thrifty Car Rental is 100% owned by the NRMA Motoring & Services.
- Thrifty is the exclusive car rental partner for Australia's seven motoring clubs NRMA, RAC, RACV, RACQ, AANT, RAA and RACT, offering Members year-round benefits and savings.
- Thrifty has a modern fleet of more than 14,000 vehicles and offers great value car hire and friendly customer service in more than 210 locations nationally and 34 locations in New Zealand.
- For more information please contact Thrifty Press by emailing email@example.com