Thrifty shows its support for Cairns
23 January 2012
Thrifty Car Rental is signaling its commitment to Cairns with a series of key announcements this week.
The business, which operates more than 240 locations across Australia and New Zealand, has invested in a brand new 313 sq metre wash bay facility which will be opened at its Cairns Airport location on Monday 23 January.
- At the opening, Thrifty will announce:
- The Thrifty Australasian Annual Conference 2012 will be held in Cairns on August 9-10, with more than 100 delegates expected to attend and remain in the region over the following weekend.
- Thrifty is now a member of Tourism Tropical North Queensland.
Thrifty's Area Manager for Tropical North Queensland Marika Andersson said: "Our investment in this facility at Cairns Airport will underpin Thrifty's growth in the region over the coming years. It is our newest facility in Australia and will act as a prototype for the upgrade of our wash bay functions across the country.
"Thrifty is the only 100% Australian owned major car rental company, so it's vital for us that we help support the Australian tourism industry and the wonderful attractions we have in TNQ for the world to visit.
"That's why we wanted to hold our annual conference in Cairns on August 9-10 and invite key managers within our business to experience Cairns and understand why we are so committed to development within this region.
"We are thrilled to now be a proud supporter and member of Tourism TNQ and look forward to becoming even more of a part of the success of this destination."
Rob Giason CEO of Tourism Tropical North Queensland welcomed Thrifty to the TTNQ family.
He said: "Most of the 2.2 million visitors attracted to Tropical North Queensland annually arrive through Cairns Airport.
"Thrifty offers those arriving visitors independence to explore and experience this amazing destination. Visitors hiring cars tend to visit more diverse parts of the region spreading the economic value of their visit.
"Thrifty's commitment to customer service is evident in the facility created at Cairns Airport. We welcome Thrifty's demonstration of confidence in Tropical North Queensland and their commitment as a member of our marketing organisation to further strengthen marketing of the region."
Cairns Airport Chief Executive Officer, Kevin Brown, congratulated Thrifty on the official opening of its new airport facility.
He said: "Thrifty is a highly valued business partner for Cairns Airport and their investment in this new infrastructure to support their operations here highlights their confidence in the future growth of our airport and our region".
"We look forward to continuing to work with Thrifty for many years to come and build on the strong relationship we enjoy with them as a quality provider of rental vehicles to our airport customers."
Notes to editors:
- Kingmill Pty Ltd, trading as Thrifty Car Rental is 100% owned by the NRMA Motoring & Services.
- Thrifty is the exclusive car rental partner for Australia's seven motoring clubs NRMA, RAC, RACV, RACQ, AANT, RAA and RACT, offering Members year-round benefits and savings.
- Thrifty is a major partner to Virgin Australia.
- Thrifty has a modern fleet of more than 14,000 vehicles and offers great value car hire and friendly customer service in more than 210 locations nationally and 34 locations in New Zealand.
- For more information please contact Thrifty Press by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org