Expanding franchise network for Thrifty Car Rental
16 August 2011
Thrifty Car Rental has stepped up its plans to franchise its non-airport and non-gateway corporate locations.
This month, two existing locations in Victoria - Preston and Footscray - were franchised to Simon Leech, who at the time of purchase was branch manager for Thrifty's Melbourne City corporate location.
Michael Horn, Thrifty's Director of Fleet and Franchise said: "We are delighted that one of our corporate team members is now one of our franchisees, bringing with him a wealth of experience from our business. Five employees from Thrifty have also transferred across to work for the new franchise, ensuring consistency and stability both for the employees and also the business and its customers."
"Expanding our network of franchises is strengthening our brand as we have local ownership and management by people who really know their local area and can deliver best service to our customers."
In South Australia, the Thrifty Adelaide North location has also recently been sold to Joe Laurendi and Kerryn Zivokovic, who both have extensive experience in the car rental industry.
This financial year, Thrifty hopes to franchise the few remaining locations in Victoria, NSW and Tasmania. Expressions of interest are highly welcome.
Notes to editors:
- If you are interested in becoming part of the Thrifty franchise network please contact Michael.Horn@thrifty.com.au or call +61 2 8337 2988. Alternatively click here for more information.
- Kingmill Pty Ltd, trading as Thrifty Car Rental is 100% owned by the NRMA Motoring & Services.
- Thrifty is the exclusive car rental partner for Australia's seven motoring clubs NRMA, RAC, RACV, RACQ, AANT, RAA and RACT, offering Members year-round benefits and savings.
- Thrifty has a modern fleet of more than 14,000 vehicles and offers great value car hire and friendly customer service in more than 210 locations nationally and 30 locations in New Zealand.
- For more information please contact Anna Lowman, Communications Manager, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org