Travel hassle-free with Thrifty Car Rental
29 October 2012
Thrifty Car Rental now offers an easy way for customers to pay road tolls anywhere in Australia.
Thrifty customers who pass through a road toll are now charged directly by the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS), rather than having to arrange payment for the tolls themselves.
Acting CEO Michael Lamb said: "This is excellent news for all our customers who can now rent with Thrifty and have peace of mind that tolls are taken care of.
"Charges for road tolls are billed automatically by RMS so customers do not risk being charged fines for not having a toll pass.
"This is a national scheme so our customers can drive interstate and there is no need to try and understand the toll scheme in each state.
"We're confident this will make any journey in a Thrifty car in Australia simple and stress-free."
Thrifty Car Rental operates a fleet of 14,000 modern vehicles across more than 210 locations in Australia and 34 locations in New Zealand.
For more information on the new scheme visit www.thrifty.com.au/etags
Notes to editors:
- Kingmill Pty Ltd, trading as Thrifty Car Rental is 100% owned by the NRMA Motoring & Services.
- Thrifty has a modern fleet of more than 14,000 vehicles and offers great value car hire and friendly customer service in more than 210 locations nationally and 34 locations in New Zealand.
- Thrifty's terms and conditions of rental are changing. Customers must now agree that their credit card details can be passed onto RMS for payment. The tolling agreement now becomes part of Thrifty's terms and conditions of rental.
- Customers are charged directly by RMS for any tolls they pass, plus a $3.30 daily service fee. The service fee is not charged if no tolls are passed.
- For more information on the new scheme visit www.thrifty.com.au/etags.
- For more information please contact Thrifty Press by emailing email@example.com