Book your vehicle now at
Car hire from Thrifty Port Hedland Airport
- More than 30 years’ experience
- Huge range of vehicles suitable for any renter
- Commitment to customer service
Our vehicles at Port Hedland Airport
Truck, moving vans, utes
Check out our special offers on car rental at Port Hedland Airport
Things to see and do with a car in Port Hedland
Whether you’re on a business trip, family outing or anything else, there’s plenty to keep you occupied in the Port Hedland area. Wildlife lovers can enjoy seeing dolphins, whales and even turtles, while people interested in the region’s industrial heritage can take an informative tour of the harbour or a mine site.
If you like getting out and about in nature, why not take a walk through one of the local heritage trails, or stroll along the beautiful beaches? The Pilbara Wildflower Trail is also well worth checking out – hop in your rental car and take a drive to see a stunning array of colourful flowers against the dramatic cliffs and dunes of the outback.
As the gateway to the Pilbara, Port Hedland leads out to Karijini National Park, with its spectacular natural gorges, waterfalls and pools. Meanwhile, if you take the road north to the Kimberley, you can experience the life of a modern-day drover at De Grey or Pardoo cattle stations. There are so many unique sights to explore, and with your Thrifty car you can get around with ease.
Tips and advice when visiting the Port Hedland region
- Car hire is popular in Port Hedland, so you should book your vehicle well in advance to avoid missing out
- Be conscious of the road trains that travel regularly along the highways, and watch out for kangaroos and wandering cattle