Please be advised that the location is now temporarily closed. We apologise for any inconvenience and will keep you updated here when we re-open.
Thank you for your patience.
Lot 317 Laine-Jones Drive
Kununurra WA 6743
The Thrifty Kununurra office is just 400 metres west of the Kununurra Airport terminal. You can easily walk there if you’re flying in, or take a taxi from the Kununurra township, which is just five minutes away by car.
Car hire in Kununurra city from Thrifty
- Locally owned and operated
- 50 years of franchise experience
- Great range suited for WA conditions
Rental vehicles available in Kununurra city
Small to medium rentals
Check out our special offers on car and truck rental at Kununurra
Tips and advice when visiting the Kununurra region
- Our 2WD and AWD vehicles can only be driven on sealed/bitumen roads
- Animal damage obtained when driving between dusk and dawn outside of town areas is not covered under Thrifty’s Damage Recovery Fees, so we advise not driving after dark if possible
- Thrifty vehicles are not allowed to go to Mitchell Plateau, Kalumburu or Tanami Track
Things to see and do with a rental car in Kununurra
Kununurra, to the southwest of Darwin and east of Broome, marks the beginning of the beautiful Kimberley Region. The area is known for its fishing, unforgettable scenery and Aboriginal culture.
While you’re in town, be sure to check out the Kelly’s Knob Lookout, Mirima National Park, Celebrity Tree Park and the Aboriginal Art Gallery. You can also drive a little further to Lake Argyle, which is the largest fresh water storage in mainland Australia and a popular local attraction.
Additionally, Wyndham and its Five Rivers Lookout, and Halls Creek and its culture are both well worth the drive.
Discover more travel ideas and tips on the Thrifty travel blog!
Subscribe to receive Hot Offers
By providing your details, you agree to receive email marketing communications from Thrifty Car Rental