Book your vehicle now at
Car hire at Katherine Airport from Thrifty
- Convenient airport terminal location meeting flight schedules
- 50 years' experience helping customers with car rentals
- Thrifty Katherine Airport terminal location is an unmanned - only pre-booked rentals are met
From reliable small cars to explore town, to larger SUVs/4WDs for adventuring, and large commercial vehicles for moving goods, our great range of cars, trucks, utes and vans is sure to meet your car or truck rental needs!
Cars and commercial vehicles for hire
Small and medium cars
SUVs and 4WDs
Trucks, utes and vans
Optional extras to accompany your hire car
Check out our special deals on car and truck rentals at Katherine Airport
Things to see and do with a rental car in Katherine
If you're out in the NT, Katherine is sure to be on your list of places to visit! That's probably because of Katherine Gorge (Nitmiluk) - famous as a must see destination in Australia for walkers, hikers and campers. It's best to visit in the dry season (May-October) when you can enjoy a swim or even a canoe whilst marvelling at the plunging waterfalls above.
Just be sure not to try swimming in the wet season unless you're a fan of saltwater crocodiles. If you happen to be in the area at this time, you can still soak in the beauty of the natural gorge and well, you might just spot one of those crocs!
As with other destinations in the NT, Katherine has a rich Indigenous heritage that you can embrace at the many galleries exhibiting Indigenous art and culture in Katherine city. Take your time strolling through each as every piece of art tells a different story of country.
For more travel inspiration as well as advice on choosing the best rental car or truck for your hire needs, visit the Thrifty blog!
Tips and advice on driving in the Katherine area
- Our 2WD and AWD vehicles can only be driven on sealed roads only and are not allowed to be driven onto dirt
- Animal damage that occurs between dusk and dawn outside of town areas is not covered under Thrifty’s Damage Recovery Fees
If you need to hire a car in another city in the Northern Territory, view the other NT rental locations Thrifty has to offer.