Book your vehicle now at
Car hire at Gove from Thrifty
- 50 years' experience helping customers with car rentals
- Locally owned and operated business
- Well-maintained fleet of vehicles
From economical cars to zip around town, to larger SUVs for exploring off-road or with the family, and even commercial vehicles for moving goods, our great range of cars, trucks, utes and vans, we've got all your car hire needs covered.
Cars and commercial vehicles for hire
Small and medium cars
SUVs and 4WDs
Trucks, utes and vans
Optional extras to accompany your hire car
Check out our special deals on car and truck rentals at Gove
Things to see and do with a rental car in Gove
The Gove Peninsula in NT makes up the northernmost tip of Arnhemland, which has a rich and colourful history. Be sure to stop by the Buku-Larrnggay Mulka Art Centre - one of Australia’s foremost Aboriginal galleries - in nearby Yirrkala. If you've got kids, the Culture College is a great place to learn about Indigenous culture through their outdoor education immersion program. And if you're in the area in August, check out the Garma Festival, a mixture of Indigenous art, storytelling and dance held at the Gulkula Yolgnu Ceremonial site.
For more road trip ideas in the NT, as well as advice on choosing the best rental car or truck for your hire needs, visit the Thrifty blog!
Tips and advice on driving in the Gove area
- Thrifty rental vehicles can only be driven on sealed roads and are not allowed to be driven onto dirt
- Animal damage that occurs between dusk and dawn outside of town areas is not covered under Thrifty’s Damage Recovery Fees
Interested in hiring a car in elsewhere in the Northern Territory? View the other NT rental locations Thrifty has to offer.