Book your vehicle now
Car hire from Darwin city from Thrifty
- Locally owned and operated
- Wide range of vehicles suitable for any renter
- 5-star customer service
Vehicles for rent at Darwin city
Small to medium rentals
Trucks, utes, vans
We can further provide accessories and extras for some of our vehicles, including a spare tyre, tow bar, bull bar, or UHF, so if you require any of these items just let us know. Our friendly staff are always happy to help.
Check out our special offers on car rental in Darwin city
Things to see and do with a car rental in the Darwin city area
The Northern Territory’s capital city is the perfect place to begin exploring the Top End of Australia. A hub of activity, you’ll nevertheless find tranquillity within the city if you visit locations such as the George Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens or the Bicentennial Park.
For those who enjoy the water, a trip to Darwin’s Casuarina Beach and Mindil Beach is recommended. You can even check out the famed Mindil Beach Sunset Markets while you’re there. Animal enthusiasts can also enjoy seeing the saltwater crocodiles at Crocodylus Park or Crocosaurus Cove, while the Territory Wildlife Park is just 45 minutes south.
Litchfield National Park is also nearby, along with Kakadu National Park. Kakadu is a truly iconic outback destination, and its stunning landscapes and unique wildlife are just a three-hour drive from Darwin. The trip couldn’t be easier in your Thrifty hire car – so get out there and explore the wetlands, sandstone cliffs and ancient Aboriginal rock paintings!
Tips and advice when visiting the Darwin region
- Our 2WD and AWD vehicles are restricted to be driven on sealed roads only
- Animal damage sustained to the vehicle when driving between dawn and dusk outside of the city area is not covered under our Damage Recovery Fees
- Jim Jim Falls and Twin Falls in Kakadu National Park are not accessible with our vehicles, nor is Arnhem Land
For more helpful hints about travelling in the Darwin region, check out the Thrifty blog.