Don't miss your chance to win a 2018 AFL Grand Final Package
Simply rent with us and use the promotion code 'GAMEON' before the end of August 2018 to go in the draw. Did we mention you will also get 10% off the best rate of the day for your entry?
Conditions of Entry
- Information on how to enter the Thrifty AFL Grand Final Rent and Win competition (Promotion) and prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
The promoter is Kingmill Pty Limited, trading as Thrifty Car Rental ABN 58 003 966 649 of Level 1, 52-60 Kent Rd Mascot NSW 2020
- The Promotion commences on 1st June 2018, 12:00am and entries close on 31st August 2018, 11:59pm AEDST (Promotional Period).
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 21 years or over with a current valid Driver Licence.
- To enter this Promotion you must during the Promotional Period complete a Thrifty rental by:
- Booking a Thrifty rental vehicle and quote the promotional code ‘GameOn’ (bookings can be made from 1 June 2018 to end of the Promotion Period); and
- Picking up the vehicle from and returning that vehicle to an Australian Thrifty location.
- There will be one (1) component to this promotion: Major Prize Component (game of chance); and skill plays no part in the component. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with entrants. Only (1) entry is permitted per rental.
- All entries, once submitted, become the property of the Promoter.
- This component of the promotion is also a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the major prize draw winner.
- There will be one (1) random major prize draw conducted during the Promotional Period (“Major Prize Draw”). All entries received during 1st June, 2018, 12:00am and 31st August, 2018, 11:59pm will be eligible for the major prize draw. The Major Prize Draw will take place at Accelerate Creative Strategies, Level 40, 100 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 at 3rd September 2018, 3:00pm AEST.
- The first valid entry drawn from the total number of entries received, will win an AFL Grand Final Breakfast^ Package for 2 people - including breakfast at Palladium at the Crown, two (2) tickets to the AFL Grand Final 2018 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, a Thrifty free day rental voucher - Prize pack valued at up to $4,000.
- The winner will be notified by telephone and/or email within two (2) business days of the Major Prize Draw
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or part of the prize) with a prize of equal value or specification, subject to any written directions given by the appropriate State or Territory Lottery Departments. No responsibility or liability is accepted for any variation in the value of the prizes. The prize is valued in Australian dollars.
- Total prize pool value for the Major Prize Draw Component is $4,000.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included and are at the responsibility of the winner.
- If for any reason a winner does not redeem the prize or an element of the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
- Prize, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- To protect the integrity of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right, at any time and its sole discretion, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence during and after the Promotion) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
Personal Information and Privacy
- You can contact the Promoter’s Privacy Officer if you would like details of the personal information that the Promoter may hold about you or if you would like it to be corrected. The Privacy Officer details are:
Level 1, 52-60 Kent Road
Mascot, NSW, 2020
Or via email at
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
Limitation of Liability
- The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as part of the Promotion. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent by the Promoter or its employees or agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winner. This clause does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian Consumer law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its employees or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.
- Subject to the approval of the relevant State and Territory Lottery Departments, the Promoter may:
(a) modify or suspend the Promotion if all entrants participating in the competition until that point are notified of the changes to these Terms and Conditions, upon notification of any such changes, the affected entrants may terminate their participating in the competition without any liability to the entrant; or
(b) terminate or cancel the Promotion.
The Promoter will not be liable for any modification, suspension, termination or cancellation.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
The promoter has obtained the following permits regarding this promotion. Act Permit number (ACT TP 18/00923) and NSW Permit number LTPS/18/24854.