Going to the game - Think Thrifty!
Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter the "Thrifty AFL Rent and Win" competition (Promotion) and prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. The promoter is Kingmill Pty Limited, trading as Thrifty Car Rental ABN 58 003 966 649 of Level 1, 52-60 Kent Rd Mascot NSW 2020 (Promoter).
4. The Promotion commences on 16 March 2017at 12:00am and entries close on 31 August 2017 at 11:59pm AEDST (Promotional Period).
5. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 21 years or over with a current valid Driver Licence.
How to Enter
6. To enter this Promotion you must during the Promotional Period complete a Thrifty rental by:
(a) booking a Thrifty rental vehicle and quoting the promotional code 'GameOn' (bookings can be made from 16 March to end of the Promotional Period); and
(b) picking up that vehicle from and returning that vehicle to an Australian Thrifty location.
7. There will be two (2) components to this promotion: (a) Monthly Prize Draw Component (game of chance); (b) Major Prize Component (game of chance); and skill plays no part in either component. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with entrants. Only (1) entry is permitted per rental.
8. All entries, once submitted, become the property of the Promoter.
Monthly Draw Component
9. This component of the promotion is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the monthly draw winners.
10. There will be five (5) random monthly prize draws conducted, one (1) for each month of the Promotional Period ("Monthly Draw"). Entries open on the first day of each month at 12:00am and close on the last day of each month at 11:59pm between 16 March 2017 and 31 August 2017. The Monthly Draws will take place at Accelerate Creative Strategies, Level 40, 100 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 at 3:00pm AEST on the following days.
Month Prize Draw Date
March 2017 05/04/2017
April 2017 05/05/2017
May 2017 05/06/2017
June 2017 05/07/2017
July 2017 02/08/2017
11. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in each Monthly Draw and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
12. If any prize remains unclaimed by 2:00pm AEST 5 days after it has been drawn, a re-draw will take place at 3:00pm AEST 5 days after it has been drawn at the same place as the original Monthly Draws, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. If an unclaimed prize draw falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the draw will take place on the next business day at 3:00pm. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or email within two (2) business days of the relevant Monthly Draw and their name published on the Thrifty Australia website (http://www.thrifty.com.au).
13. The first valid entry drawn in each Monthly Draw will win two (2) AFL General Entry tickets, an AFL-Thrifty branded original Sherrin ball, and a one day Thrifty Car rental voucher – total prize pack valued at $300.
Major Prize Draw Component
14. This component of the promotion is also a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the major prize draw winner.
15. There will be one (1) random major prize draw conducted during the Promotional Period ("Major Prize Draws"). All non-winning entries from the monthly draw component received during 16 March 2017 at 12:00am and 31 August 2017 at 11:59pm will be eligible for the major prize draw. The Major Prize Draw will take place at Accelerate Creative Strategies, Level 40, 100 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 at 3:00pm AEST on 4 September 2017.
16. The first valid entry drawn from the total number of entries received, excluding the winning monthly draw entries, will win an AFL Grand Final Breakfast^ Package for 2 people - including breakfast at Palladium at the Crown, ticket to the AFL Grand Final 2017 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, an AFL-Thrifty branded original Sherrin ball, and a Thrifty weekend car rental voucher - Prize pack valued at up to $5,000.
17. The winner will be notified by telephone and/or email within two (2) business days of the Major Prize Draw and their name published on the Thrifty Australia website (http://www.thrifty.com.au).
18. Should the initial Major Prize Draw winner not claim their prize within 3 days from the draw date, a redraw will be held at 03:00pm AEST on 7 September 2017 at the location specified in clause 15. The redrawn winner notified by telephone and/or email and their name published on the Thrifty Australia website (http://www.thrifty.com.au).
19. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or part of the prize) with a prize of equal value or specification, subject to any written directions given by the appropriate State or Territory Lottery Departments. No responsibility or liability is accepted for any variation in the value of the prizes. The prize is valued in Australian dollars.
20. Total prize pool value for the Monthly Draw Component is $1,500.
21. Total prize pool value for the Major Prize Draw Component is $5,000.
22. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
23. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included and are at the responsibility of the winner.
24. If for any reason a winner does not redeem the prize or an element of the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
25. Prize, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
26. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
27. To protect the integrity of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right, at any time and its sole discretion, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence during and after the Promotion) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
Personal Information and Privacy
29. You can contact the Promoter's Privacy Officer if you would like details of the personal information that the Promoter may hold about you or if you would like it to be corrected. The Privacy Officer details are:
Level 1, 52-60 Kent Road
Mascot, NSW, 2020
Or via email at
30. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
Limitation of Liability
31. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as part of the Promotion. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent by the Promoter or its employees or agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winner. This clause does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian Consumer law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its employees or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.
32. Subject to the approval of the relevant State and Territory Lottery Departments, the Promoter may:
(a) modify or suspend the Promotion if all entrants participating in the competition until that point are notified of the changes to these Terms and Conditions, upon notification of any such changes, the affected entrants may terminate their participating in the competition without any liability to the entrant; or
(b) terminate or cancel the Promotion.
The Promoter will not be liable for any modification, suspension, termination or cancellation.
33. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
34. The Promoter has obtained the following permits in regard to the Promotion: NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/12325. ACT Permit No. ACT TP 17/00447 and SA Permit No. T17/429.