Thrifty is looking to expand it's franchise network
Thrifty is a name synonymous with car rental in Australia and an expanding network of franchises is key to driving the future growth and success of this iconic global brand.
Thrifty rents a wide range of passenger and commercial vehicles to customers in every state, territory, major town and airport throughout Australia, from over 177 locations nationwide. Thrifty is not about cheap or budget car hire, but rather about providing our wide range of customers with quality vehicles at affordable rates. We operate very much in the "value" market sector.
The Thrifty network (including franchises) has a fleet of over 16,000 vehicles, including an extensive range of cars, trucks, vans, utes, 4WD's and buses.
In early 2009 Thrifty in Australia and New Zealand became wholly-owned subsidiaries of the NRMA, arguably Australia's largest member-based organisation. With more than 2.2 million members, a reputation based on 90 years of helping motorists and a stable of travel and motoring businesses, the NRMA ownership has provided expertise and resource that will assure Thrifty's future growth and success.
Thrifty is now seeking to franchise a number of territories withing Australia and is looking for individuals who will develop strong local businesses within a strong network framework. Successful franchisees will be community-minded, hard working and passionate about customer service. An ability to create and sustain strong B2B relationships will be matched by a real desire to succeed in a competitive and dynamic marketplace.
Thrifty's franchise strategy is about strengthening our network through local ownership and management by people who will provide a level of service that sets us apart from our competition.
A Thrifty franchise delivers the following tangible benefits:-
- An established network system of more than 177 locations with over 16,000 vehicles nationwide.
- Well established high profile sites ideally suited to car and truck rental activities.
- Access to and training on the ERA Reservation system, on-the-job training is provided and updated on a regular basis.
- An existing franchise network (currently 17 experienced franchisees operating over 150 locations) who are happy to share their learning and best practices with new franchisees.
- A Franchisee Council that provide structured franchisee input into key issues such as the development of an annual marketing plan, fleet decisions, operational changes and new products.
- An experienced management team that has significant experience in operating a corporate/franchise network.
- A dedicated franchise team to support and advise franchisees on marketing, fleet, accounting, brand representation and more.
- A full suite of operational and procedural manuals that outline operating standards, policies and procedures governing all important aspects of the business.
Thrifty is committed to being a leader in the rental car business and will continue to invest in people, process and market development. Going forward we will recruit and train the best people in both corporate and franchise operations.
This is an opportunity to join a growing and dynamic organisation that will reward success and encourage initiative. Some financial assistance may be available, conditions will apply.
For further information please contact:
Phone: +61 2 8337 2700
For Expression of Interest, please review and complete the EOI form and return it back via the email address above.