Thrifty is looking to expand it's franchise network
Thrifty is a name synonymous with car rental in Australia and an expanding network of franchises is key to driving the future growth and success of this iconic global brand.
Thrifty rents a wide range of passenger and commercial vehicles to customers in every state, territory, major town and airport through 183 locations within Australia. Thrifty is not about cheap or budget car hire, rather about providing our wide range of customers with quality vehicles at affordable rates. We operate in the ‘value’ market segment.
The Thrifty network (including franchises) has a fleet of over 21,000 vehicles, including an extensive range of cars, trucks, vans, utes, 4WD's and buses.
In early 2009 Thrifty Australia and New Zealand became wholly-owned subsidiary of the NRMA, arguably Australia's largest member-based organisation. With more than 2.4 million members, a reputation based on 90 years of helping motorists and a stable of travel and motoring businesses, NRMA’s ownership provides the expertise and resources that will assure Thrifty's future growth and success.
Thrifty is now seeking to franchise a number of territories within Australia and is looking for individuals who will develop strong local businesses within a strong network framework. Successful franchisees will be community-minded, hardworking and passionate about customer service. An ability to create and sustain strong B2B relationships will be matched by a real desire to succeed in a competitive and dynamic marketplace.
Thrifty's franchise strategy is about strengthening our network through local ownership and management by people who will provide a level of service that sets us apart from our competition.
A Thrifty franchise delivers the following tangible benefits:-
- An established network system of more than 183 locations with over 21,000 vehicles nationwide.
- Well established high profile sites ideally suited to car and truck rental activities.
- Access to and training on the Thrifty rental and reporting system. On-the-job training is provided and updated on a regular basis.
- An existing franchise network (currently 16 experienced franchisees operating over 150 locations) who are happy to share their learning and best practices with new franchisees.
- A Franchisee Council that meets quarterly to provide structured franchisee input into key issues such as the development of an annual marketing plan, fleet decisions, operational changes and new products.
- An experienced and dedicated franchise management team which provides support to the corporate and franchise network.
- An Intranet system that provides all Operations Manual and Standard Operating Procedures.
Thrifty is committed to being a leader in the car rental industry. We are committed to achieving our goals of providing exceptional customer service by working as one network.
For further information please contact:
Phone: +61 2 8337 2700